Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Torch Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes


We were having an Olympic type activity at church and I was to bring the dessert. I wanted to make something that looked like a torch. I had made torch cookies before but I wanted to make something different. So Torch Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes.

I was trying to figure out how to bake these so they wouldn't end up tipping over in the oven. I took the muffin tin and covered it with tin foil. I did two layers so it would give it a little more stability. I then punched a hole over each section.


I placed the cone inside the hole and filled the cone up with the cake batter. I just used a white cake mix. Fill it to the line in the cone.


Bake the Cupcake cones for about 18 minutes. Then let cool.


Because I was making Torches I wanted the icing to look like flames. I placed orange food coloring on the inside of a decorating bag then put yellow frosting in the bag. I then piped stars all over the cupcakes to make them look like flames.


These were the finished product. Everybody loved them and they matched the theme we were going for.


No comments:

Post a Comment