Sunday, January 6, 2013

Neapolitan Cake

I made this cake a while back for a Church Pot luck dinner. It was very yummy. I started out with 3 cakes. Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla. You can either make it from scratch or make the cakes with a cake mix. With this one I used cake mixes. I prefer Duncan Hines cake mixes if I am going to be making something with a cake mix. I like the texture of it better than the other cake mixes. 

I started off with the chocolate layer first. I piped a ring of buttercream around the edge to keep the filling in. The filling for this layer was a fudge filling. You could either make your own or for time I used the ice cream topping fudge. Spread it smooth.


Next place the strawberry cake on the chocolate layer. I layered strawberries on this layer or if you wanted you could use a strawberry jelly and layer it just like the chocolate fudge layer.


I then placed the white layer on top and gave the cake a crumb coat of buttercream.


I then tinted the buttercream pink and brown. I placed tip 1M in a piping bag and starting with the chocolate layer I piped chocolate rosettes. I then piped pink rosettes then finished the cake off with white rosettes.
There you have it my version of the Neapolitan cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment