Monday, January 6, 2014

Potato Crusted Ham and Broccoli Quiche


I have been surprised that my kids like quiche. I wasn't a big fan of it when I was growing up so I never thought to make it for my kids. Well in the last year or so I have found they really like it. I try to make different types and they seem to like them all. This one turned out really good and we didn't have any leftovers. I got the recipe from Paula Deen off the food network. You can find the original recipe here.


The crust on this calls for frozen hash browns. I didn't have any of those but I did have these, Dehydrated hashbrowns.  All you do is add hot water to them and let them sit for about 5 minutes, drain the extra liquid off and there you go hashbrowns ready to cook. They taste pretty good too. 

Any ways you take the hashbrown potatoes and add a stick of melted butter. I ended up draining off the extra butter before I put them in the pan as there was a lot of extra liquid for my taste. You than form the potatoes to a pie dish and bake at 450 for about 20-25 minutes or until golden around the edges.

While the crust is cooking mix up the filling. 3 eggs, 1 cup Half and Half (I didn't have that so I just used regular milk). Chopped green onion, Broccoli, and diced ham and cheese.

 After you take the crust out of the oven reduce the heat to 350. Pour the egg mixture into the crust and bake in the oven for another 30-40 minutes.

The finished product. Serve with a side salad or fruit and you have a yummy dinner. 


Potato Crusted Ham and Broccoli Quiche

1 Stick butter
1 Cup half and half (or milk)
1 Cup thawed frozen hash browns
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
chopped green onion (to taste)
1/2 cup chopped ham
1/2 cup broccoli
3 eggs

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray pie pan with non-stick spray. Melt the butter and mix with the hash browns. Press into a pie pan to form a crust. Cook for 20-25 mintues.
Lower the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk eggs and half and half in a mixing bowl. Add the chopped onion, diced ham, broccoli and cheese. Mix. Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 30-40 minutes.



Happy Baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment